Friday, July 11, 2008

The Real B-Boys

Now I'm usually not down with anything commercial when it's comes to Hip-Hop because I believe that it comes from the streets and should stay in the streets. I will make one exception here in this case. I'm sitting home flipping threw the channels and I see Randy Jackson's America's Best Dance Crew on MTV. I've watched it a few times before this season, but last night feeling a little irie I decided to watch the full hour. Most of the crews on there are pretty good and come up with some powerful routines, but there are three crews that stand out the most and represent B-Boying to the heart. There is the Boogie Bots (Washington D.C.), Supreme Soul (San Francisco, CA) and Super Cr3w (Las Vegas,NV). I was most impressed with Boogie Bots because I think they had the most original routine of the night. So then I go to YOUTUBE to find out if I could see a few clips of these groups. Out of all the clips that I seen I was most impressed with this one B-Boy named Do-Knock from Super Cr3w. This guy is the real deal!! He's got moves that James Brown would even be impressed with. So if you haven't seen B-Boys get down lately, here is a collection of Do-Knock getting ill with his superior skills as a representative of Hip-Hop and what B-Boys actually do.
"Do-Knock Greatest Hits"

No comments: