Saturday, April 4, 2009

Old School Hip-Hop Review - Jungle Brothers "Straight Out The Jungle"


Loved by few and unliked by many. The Source to my knowledge did not give Straight Out The Jungle five mics but in my opinion it deserves them. Afrika Baby Bambaataa, Mike G and Sammy B are the forefathers of the Native Tongue movement. The first time I ever heard the JBs was on "I'll House You" in late '87. This album is packed with hits and any real hip-hop head will like. The fact that it has a more of a tribal feel some won't like it. Whatever the case if you don't have this album in your collection you might be missing a very important piece of history. My favorite song is the title cut
"Straight Out The Jungle". This has been one of my favorite jams and will go down for me in my top 100 of all time favorite hip-hop songs. Love live the JBs and we gotta give them them props because they helped bring new ideas and expansion to the game.

No comments: